iOS Crafting Kingdom 1.3: Unable to scroll

Started by Aristai,

6 posts in this topic

Posted

After updating to what is called version 1.3 on the App store tonight, I find myself unable to scroll. Unfortunately this also affects selling which is limited to a minimal increment.

Given that I really like this game I tried the following things: Closing and reopening the app, restarting the phone, checking all my other apps for similar flaws, nothing worked. I'm close to turn in my quests, but I think that won't help either and the update is probably at fault. Trying a bit harder I realized that I can indeed still scroll using some awkward two finger movements. It makes the game playable but it's sort of a pain.

Posted

Yes, thank you a ton for reporting!

We just realized that the version that got uploaded to the store broke the map scrolling - and anything that requires a finger swipe motion.

We temporarily took the game down from the store and are working on a fix ASAP!

Posted

As a sorta mini workaround until the bug fixed version is in the store, you can touch the screen, hold your finger for half a second and then scroll normally. This works on both the world map and in the city.

Not a fix, just a temporary workaround.

Posted

Oh so that's what it is, I found that two-finger gestures seem to work somewhat reliably, because that way I got to the half second point without noticing.

Posted

Fixed in 1.3.5, I've seen cases where Apple delayed a critical fix by days, so this worked pretty well.

Posted

Yes, honestly we were quite surprised too! In a good way, of course!

They have really improved their process - reviews are usually no longer than three days and most of the time we find that beta reviews are even done in less than a day.