My player crosses all the objects in the DemoScene
2 2

Started by Raúl,

4 posts in this topic

Posted

The first thing, forgive if I ask very simple things: I am very new in unity.

The problem is that my player crosses all the objects in the DemoScene as if they were transparent. If I put a rigidbody and a meshcollider to each object the problem is solved. But it can be a titanic work to modify all the objects (or even the prefabs). In addition I have had problems to modify the wall prefabs (because they are imported? Appears a button "Open" instead "Apply".).

Some suggestion of how can I do this easier?

Thank you very much. The FantasyVillage is very nice.

Posted (edited)

Hi there!

I already sent you an email regarding this issue but I'll post here as well.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the assets. We’ll try and help you out.
Regarding the collision: The assets themselves do not have any colliders set up. This is simply the case, because every use case would require different setups, and each collider in the scene costs performance. The easiest way would probably be to add a collider component to each prefab, depending where you need them. It really depends on your use case and if you are doing a first person game or a top down strategy game. If you could provide us with a bit more information about what you are trying to set up we can probably recommend the best steps to take.

Regarding the wall asset:  I am not sure I understand the issue correctly. Would you be able to send a screenshot, so we can look at the issue and try to solve it?

Edited by HolyManfred

Posted

Already I have solved the problem. With a lot of work. I wanted use the scene for a third person game educational.

I have had to put meshcolliders to every element. Some elements are not really prefabas, it makes the work difficult. And some elements like bridges and terraces had the mesh as a block, this is why I was unable to use its as meshcolliders. For example the rails of the bridges should be independent. My player was walking a meter over the floor of the bridge.

Apologize for my bad english and my lack of knowledge.

Thank you for answering.

Posted

No worries!
Meshcolliders tend to be rather expensive, using multiple simple colliders might be a good alternative. In a case of a bridge for example using a simple box structure for the floor and the sides might be more beneficial.